Find us on Google+

4.13.2012

Purpose

"There has to be more to life then this," I think to myself, as I lay down for the night after just giving my teenage daughter a lecture about cleanliness and chores. I seem to feel as though I am repeating myself over and over concerning many things.

You see, the life of a single parent is a bit much and I can not even speak of it in a way that does not include the word "challenging." And that is not the only concern that I have, due to the many difficulties faced and obstacles I have come across in life, yet I am sure I will have discussed it along the way.

You see, the bible says in Matthew 6:33 KJV

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

This to me seems a to become a bit of a challenge. SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS? How? What do I do on a daily basis to make this a priority? How do I add this into such a busy schedule? Will this help change my teenage children and get them to respond to the things I ask of them? Will this help me to not feel so overwhelmed and focused on the "I wish I hads" or "if only I coulds"?

What exactly does this kind of life look like? Is this possible to even obtain or is it too late for us?

Another way of putting it:

Matthew 6:33 HCSB

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.

Added. Provided. Really?

Or how about:

Matthew 6:33 MSG

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

Wow! DO NOT WORRY!!! ALL my everyday human concerns WILL BE MET?

I think that because of my coming from a dysfunctional home and then trying to raise one myself, a normal family that is, I have come to worry a lot about too many things because I have always looked more at the circumstance or situation. I had not yet developed a mind set on looking into G-d's WORD and promises instead. So I realize how much of a challenge this will be for me. To start off I would have to say that "I want to become ALL that G-d has created me to be. Yet I do feel that I have a long way to go, as I have been "stained" or "contaminated" by the world; as the bible states in the book of James when speaking that this not be the case. It's hard for me to not complain or worry and instead to feel that all my concerns will be met as the scripture mentioned above. Like many others, I been thrown into a series of tests and I want so much to continue to seek G-D through it all. I had decided to record my process and testimony, in hope that it may help some of you get through what you now face.

I have been pondering about this life; the mind of one that "seeks the kingdom of GOD" above all things and does not let situations or circumstances get in the way. I have thought on it long enough and feel that its time that I put GOD's Word into practice and aim at being who I was created to be.

How does one gain this mindset? Where do I begin?

Life apart from GOD's plan only will and has ended up feeling somewhat overwhelming and out of control. I am not sure about you and can only speak for myself but its not easy living out the "Word of GOD" in my own strength. I have had it up to here ---> and I no longer want to feel this strife and want to experience this joy and freedom available to me according to the bible. Therefore this blog is my way of letting GOD (Yahweh) know that I will do as He requests. I will seek the kingdom of (GOD) and hope that what I go through, face, and learn will be used to give Yahweh (GOD) glory as well as be a tool for the next person to have as a spiritual guide.

YAH BLESS!

posted from Bloggeroid